I love new pole products. it’s like a new treasure found and when they are tailored specifically for us it’s even better! Our very own Pole-licious hottie Shannon created Vertical Swag. Vertical Swag specializes in products specifically for pole dancers. Their biggest seller are the wrist wraps. Shannon makes these by hand! They are made with quality fabrics and super cute patterns! She will even make you custom wraps! Shannon’s company has been featured by Leen Isabel the creator of Pole Dancing Adventures.
These wraps are amazing for girls like me that have weak wrists from slaving over a keyboard for years. They let you repeatedly practice tricks that would normally kill your wrists after a few attempts. They also help stabilize you until you get comfortable in your new inverted pose of the week 🙂 I have used them to strengthen my basic “push pull” hold, they helped me with my butterfly and v float, you name it, the list goes on.
Check out Shannon’s website for more detailed info. You can also use these wraps for your daily gym visit for weight lifting. And let’s face it, who doesn’t want sexy zebra stripes…skulls…or flowers adorning their wrists? ;P Get your wraps today! They are a very reasonable price!
I have been lacking on pole posts lately. I promise to post some more pole stuff for you. Maybe gathering all UPA’s sexyback week videos for you ❤ Would that make it better? I haven’t seen half of them yet. work has been murderous and home life is nuts right now. i need to make … Continue reading
Pole Con 2012. WOW! WOW! WOW! I really don’t know where to start… I am still riding high and feeling like I’m on sensory overload. So today I’ll give you an overview and over the next couple days I’ll blog about each thing a little more in-depth. I hope that’s okay with you guys. I’m … Continue reading
Hello Everyone! I started a new job and have been training so I haven’t had a minute to do an entry. I stumbled across this 12 step program on another blog and thoguth it was funny and TRUE, so I wanted to share. Hope you all have a great week! ❤ We have new classes starting this week with Madeline on Thursday and the Pacific Pole Championships are this weekend. We have hotties competing and fluffing! Tickets are $30, hope to see you there! I will be fluffing and working registration.
A GUIDE TO RE(DIS)COVERY: Step 12
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
- Step 1: We admitted and submitted to our addiction.
- Step 2: We recognized that our addiction has restored our sanity by helping us learn to love ourselves, our bodies and our sensuality.
- Step 3: We learned that, although our addiction is a healthy one, we must nurture it slowly. We must take the time to create a unique, creative and safe relationship with the pole.
- Step 4: We realized we should carry no shame about our addiction despite the ignorance and misunderstanding of close-minded people outside of our community.
- Step 5: We learned not to let fear, insecurity or other people’s opinions get in the way of our healthy addiction.
- Step 6: We discovered ways to treat the side-effects of our addiction which include bruises, rips, burns and muscle soreness.
- Step 7: We realized that there’s no room for perfectionism in pole dancing and discovered ways not to a.) become so obsessive to the point we hurt ourselves b.) delay our progress & our goals for fear of failure or c.) become hypersensitive to constructive criticism.
- Step 8: We learned how to successfully and effectively “come out of the closet” as a pole addict to friends, family and co-workers.
- Step 9: We found ways to embrace the anti-polers, pole-choicers and pro-polers into our lives.
- Step 10: We learned to nurture our addiction with great care; making sure we train safely and progressively with a focus on proper bio-mechanics, good technique while adding our own unique style.
- Step 11: We learned how our pole addiction has helped us to discover our personal power, our tenacity plus our physical, emotional and artistic fortitude.
- Step 12: Now, it’s our responsibility to continue practicing and sharing the previous 11 steps with other pole addicts and prospective pole addicts. By doing so, we add to our individual and collective strength as a community. In fact, the power of solidarity is what will continue propelling pole dancing into the mainstream without the need to sacrifice our integrity to our sensual and athletic art-form.
Thank you so much for participating in A Pole Addict’s 12 Step Program. Ours truly is an addiction to be proud of. Let’s continue growing and thriving as a community; supporting one another as we strive to embrace our individual addictions. Everyone’s addiction is different. Everyone’s response to addiction is different. Everyone’s rate of progress through the 12 Steps is different. As it should be.
12 step for pole addicts courtesy of Kira Lamb
I had to share this for Monday. See you ’round the Poles!!
- Regardless of your attire, you can’t walk past a street sign, lamp post (or any other assorted scaffolding) without trying a trick… or twenty!
- You know exactly, to the second, how long it takes to disassemble your pole, when company is on its way.
- You’re so eager to spread the pole love that you could give preaching door knockers and TV Evangelists a run for their money.
- You can never find short enough short shorts!
- Your child or sibling’s behaviour on the playground fireman’s pole causes a bit of a brouhaha among the other parents (and/or teachers)
- Your own behaviour on the playground fireman’s pole causes even more of a brouhaha.
- Accidentally coming into contact with moisturising lotion sends you into a fit of panic.
- You can’t go into a supermarket without buying methylated spirits.
- You tell the real estate agent that the ceiling must be at least 3m high, with solid beams, or you’re not interested!
- The way you pick up items you’ve dropped at work becomes “conversation” for the water cooler.
- You forget that there are appropriate times and places to watch pole dance videos on youtube. (Tip: School, work, the library and the airport are not such places.)
- Someone asks you what you’re thinking and you absent mindedly reply “I’m just trying to figure out why my butterfly to flatline, to hiphold to gemini isn’t working right…”
- Your pole gets wiped clean more than your coffee table.
- Your family members or flatmates no longer worry when they hear loud thuds followed by groans and/or swearing.
- You are so proud of your bruises that you point them out to absolutely anyone that will listen.
- Your husband wants you to get a t-shirt saying ‘I’m not a battered wife – I’m a pole dancer’ so people don’t give him dirty looks when you’re out together.
- You jump at the chance to visit a strip club, even though the burning desire to get on the pole is practically torture!
- Your ultimate fantasy is to own and teach at your own pole studio.
- Your most important tool kit is the one containing 1 large spanner, an allan key and two tightening rods.
- You regularly research which local bars have poles, and call up to clarify whether you can use them.
- Your wardrobe is slowly filling up with 6 inch platform heels, bikini sets and knee high PVC boots. You seriously consider buying more storage furniture just for pole accessories.
- Your living room furniture spends most of its time pushed up against the walls. Your pole is way more important!
- You think any clean, spacious room with high ceilings is wasted without a pole.
- You now answer “How are you?” with details of your latest and greatest pole achievement.
- Every secret santa present you get from work is a pole-related gimmick; pole dancer alarm clock, keyring, bumper sticker, even a usb pole dancer that dances to the speed of your typing…
- You constantly challenge your male friends to an arm wrestle, in an attempt to prove how good a workout pole dancing is.
- You trip over yourself on daily basis, but are as graceful as a swan when there’s a vertical bar involved.
- You are delighted when someone notices your calloused hands, and you consider any comment on your tough skin to wonderful compliment.
- If it comes to it, yes, you are totally prepared to forfeit your bond/security deposit on your apartment, in the name of Pole.
- You miss your pole so much when you’re out of town that you actually take it with you next time you go on holiday.
- You forget that the average person doesn’t absolutely love pole dancing too.
- You take much better care of your body that you ever did before, now that injury or illness mean time away from the pole!
- You joined a gym or signed up for personal training, purely to improve your pole skills.
- You wish it was socially acceptable to wear those see-through, fuck-me stripper heels with diamond studs and beaded heel in public.
- You travel with a full supply of grip aid in your glove compartment because you never know when an irresitable pole opportunity will emerge. Constant vigilance!
- You have more pole related playlists than all your other playlists combined.
- Thanks to your incessant proclamations of the infinite wonders of pole dancing, your beauty therapist, boss, GP and landlord all want to start classes.
- You measure the success of a night out by how much street pole was involved.
- Your significant other, flatmate or family members no longer finds it odd to hold conversations with you when you are handing upside down by the crook of your knee.
- You’ve made footprints on the ceiling