5 weeks of no poling felt like prison.
I became completely unmotivated and didn’t workout or stretch for that whole time. Partly because my pole room is my workout room and it was depressing to be in there and not be able to use my pole, but there was something else missing too… So I didn’t workout… I ate….
After coming back last week and having a delicious, calorie torching class with Barbara on Wed., a great class and workout from Lauren, and an epic BBQ pole party …I came ot the conclusuion that pole is my therapy…. Not just class and nailing awesome tricks and feeling accomplished in my journey but the missing puzzle piece was my girls. I never realized just how much I need all of you ladies and what your energy does for me.
Pole is the one place where we all let out our inner goddess, sex kitten, diva, whatever you call her… The freedance, pirohuettes, spins, inverts, you name it, it’s the best high ever! I’ve exposed my soul and raw emotion to every hottie in pole and it smacked me right in the forehead that YOU are the reason I keep pole dancing and coming back. The feedback and encouragement I receive at pole… No judgement.. open loving arms… postive re-inforcement… laughing…. uplifted… I’ve walked into many a class in a foul mood ready to cry over my day, or a fight with my hubby and a million other things we all feel every day. but I’ve never left feeling that way…only uplifted and like I can conquer the world. I only hope that other studios give their students what Pole-licious does. This is what it’s all about.
Wednesday evening Divas / Stars class will focus on letting that inner tigress off her leash. Bring your stilletos, tutus and whatever else makes you feel sexy. Our very own Kitty Betsey donated some fabulous costumes to the studio she picked up at Secret Desires. (ooh la la!!!) Come ready to play at 7:30!
That’s right, we tagged a ton of songs at PPC. thanks to Barbara Robinson for getting 27 songs tagged! Damn! I’m impressed! ❤ Here is the link to the list in iTunes. As always, feel free to get creative with where you find music ❤ Have a great weekend hotties! Don’t forget pole jam with … Continue reading
This past weekend I was lucky enough to go to the Pacific Pole Championships in Los Angeles. The event was at the Sheraton in L.A. It was so much fun! I volunteered to be a pole fluffer (I like the term fluffer, I was informed this weekend that some find it negative, but i like it … Continue reading
The invert…. Gasp! Upside down!!! my most dreaded trick when I moved to Level 2. This is the foundation of every aerial pole trick you learn and it’s impoetant not to just learn it but to MASTER it. I learned from day 1 at Pole-licious to master your trick before moving on to the next … Continue reading
Hello Everyone! I started a new job and have been training so I haven’t had a minute to do an entry. I stumbled across this 12 step program on another blog and thoguth it was funny and TRUE, so I wanted to share. Hope you all have a great week! ❤ We have new classes starting this week with Madeline on Thursday and the Pacific Pole Championships are this weekend. We have hotties competing and fluffing! Tickets are $30, hope to see you there! I will be fluffing and working registration.
A GUIDE TO RE(DIS)COVERY: Step 12
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
- Step 1: We admitted and submitted to our addiction.
- Step 2: We recognized that our addiction has restored our sanity by helping us learn to love ourselves, our bodies and our sensuality.
- Step 3: We learned that, although our addiction is a healthy one, we must nurture it slowly. We must take the time to create a unique, creative and safe relationship with the pole.
- Step 4: We realized we should carry no shame about our addiction despite the ignorance and misunderstanding of close-minded people outside of our community.
- Step 5: We learned not to let fear, insecurity or other people’s opinions get in the way of our healthy addiction.
- Step 6: We discovered ways to treat the side-effects of our addiction which include bruises, rips, burns and muscle soreness.
- Step 7: We realized that there’s no room for perfectionism in pole dancing and discovered ways not to a.) become so obsessive to the point we hurt ourselves b.) delay our progress & our goals for fear of failure or c.) become hypersensitive to constructive criticism.
- Step 8: We learned how to successfully and effectively “come out of the closet” as a pole addict to friends, family and co-workers.
- Step 9: We found ways to embrace the anti-polers, pole-choicers and pro-polers into our lives.
- Step 10: We learned to nurture our addiction with great care; making sure we train safely and progressively with a focus on proper bio-mechanics, good technique while adding our own unique style.
- Step 11: We learned how our pole addiction has helped us to discover our personal power, our tenacity plus our physical, emotional and artistic fortitude.
- Step 12: Now, it’s our responsibility to continue practicing and sharing the previous 11 steps with other pole addicts and prospective pole addicts. By doing so, we add to our individual and collective strength as a community. In fact, the power of solidarity is what will continue propelling pole dancing into the mainstream without the need to sacrifice our integrity to our sensual and athletic art-form.
Thank you so much for participating in A Pole Addict’s 12 Step Program. Ours truly is an addiction to be proud of. Let’s continue growing and thriving as a community; supporting one another as we strive to embrace our individual addictions. Everyone’s addiction is different. Everyone’s response to addiction is different. Everyone’s rate of progress through the 12 Steps is different. As it should be.
12 step for pole addicts courtesy of Kira Lamb
Happy Friday Gorgeouses!!!! This week has been crazy! 2 job interviews for an awesome position and i’m waiting impatiently for a callback today. This girly needs to be working again!! So i finally finally figured out how to get all my music published in iTunes 🙂 Below is a list of the songs and click here to go to iTunes to preview the songs to see if you like them. I download a lot of my mp3’s for free at www.mp3skull.com. I hope you like these songs as much as I do ❤
Our On The Rocks showcase with Siren is this Thursday starting at 8:30. Come down and support the studio and bring everyone you know!