I am now in LOVE with homemade brownies because of Barbara, she has the best ever brownie recipe, when I made them, I ate half the pan because it’s impossible not to gorge yourself on them. I came across this one (okay a little more than one) serving microwave brownie. Not a huge fan of the microwave but it does in a pinch at 10PM when a brownie sounds good but baking does not. Oh, and in no way shape or form is this healthy, just good…with a big glass of milk…well justified after a pole class… ❤
click here for your 2 minute chocolate fix
Hello all you Sexy Vixens. It’s Tuesday so you know what that means…an inspiring video. This week I picked Natasha Wang’s performance from the Girl Next Door Show from last year. Girl Next Door show is this Sunday and I’m going! It wil lbe my first GND show so I feel like I’m going to Disneyland! I will write you ladies a full report on Monday (I hope) LOL.. Have a great day hotties and as always don’t forget to check the schedule for AM and PM classes.
So we have a couple weeks until we get the blow the roof off On the Rocks again with all of our Pole-liciousness, it will be AWESOME! After seeing and feeling the energy on Friday night at our first rehearsal I know it’s going to be even better than last time! Rarr!!!! Watching everyone dance … Continue reading
LA Pole Show Rebroadcast!!
Hello hotties! This weekend Be Spun is rebroadcasting the pole show. I missed so much becasue the feed was choppy so enjoy!!!! P.S. Al lot of the music from today’s entry were featured in the show. Have a great weekend! See you ’round the poles!! Continue reading
Happy Friday Hotties!!! Here is another playlist of inspiring and fun tunes to get you movin’ and shakin’ for the weekend. Tonight is also the first practice for our ON THE ROCKS performance coming up 3/13. If you haven’t picked a song maybe this will get you going 🙂 If you want to participate please let us know ASAP!
CLICK HERE FOR THE ITUNES PLAYLIST AND TO PREVIEW SONGS
Happy Thursday Hotties! So recently I stopped going to the gym. i needed something to do on my off pole days to maintain strength. Recently I found this blog Blogilates. It’s awesome! Full of really good workouts from Pilates, to Bootcamp to kickboxing. I featured a 13 minute total body Pilates bootcamp workout. hope you like! Don’t forget to check the schedule for classes this morning evening, all levels!!! See you ’round the poles!
Friday’s post – music from the L.A. Pole Show!!
I love Lady Gaga and I’ve always put her on my list for running or spinning but never thought about her for pole. Someday Someday!! Hope you Beauties love it as much as I do. every Wednesday i’m going to post an inspiring video for us.
Barbara pointed out this interview with Natasha Wang to me over the weekend and it got me thinking of my pole journey so far (albeit short :P). When I started poling 8 months ago I felt that I was progressing at such a fast rate. I would learn a spin and move on to the next, not ever mastering it, just learning it and moving to the next spin like an excited kid; it was like this for the first few months…then I started inverting and the aerial world opened up to me and at the same time I felt like my fast paced pole train was slowing down. Watching this reminded me that sometimes we are in such a hurry to rush through and learn butterfly to flatline to an endless possibility of aerial combos that we forget to build our basics and enjoy the ride. I’ve realized after healing from an injury and going back to “inversions 101” that we need to take time to learn and master each thing we learn. For me, I “re-learned” my basic inversion and I practice it over and over and over and just hang upside down. Now I’m ready to revisit my outside leg hang. Take the time to smell the roses, the journey is as wonderful as the destination. Have a great day Hotties. ❤
Hello Hotties! As promised (but a little delayed) here is our first sampling of music for the blog! It’s always a work in progress, hope you like! Most all of these songs are linked to iTunes hwere you can buy them Click Here …..unless you have more creative means for acquiring music 🙂
I had to share this for Monday. See you ’round the Poles!!
- Regardless of your attire, you can’t walk past a street sign, lamp post (or any other assorted scaffolding) without trying a trick… or twenty!
- You know exactly, to the second, how long it takes to disassemble your pole, when company is on its way.
- You’re so eager to spread the pole love that you could give preaching door knockers and TV Evangelists a run for their money.
- You can never find short enough short shorts!
- Your child or sibling’s behaviour on the playground fireman’s pole causes a bit of a brouhaha among the other parents (and/or teachers)
- Your own behaviour on the playground fireman’s pole causes even more of a brouhaha.
- Accidentally coming into contact with moisturising lotion sends you into a fit of panic.
- You can’t go into a supermarket without buying methylated spirits.
- You tell the real estate agent that the ceiling must be at least 3m high, with solid beams, or you’re not interested!
- The way you pick up items you’ve dropped at work becomes “conversation” for the water cooler.
- You forget that there are appropriate times and places to watch pole dance videos on youtube. (Tip: School, work, the library and the airport are not such places.)
- Someone asks you what you’re thinking and you absent mindedly reply “I’m just trying to figure out why my butterfly to flatline, to hiphold to gemini isn’t working right…”
- Your pole gets wiped clean more than your coffee table.
- Your family members or flatmates no longer worry when they hear loud thuds followed by groans and/or swearing.
- You are so proud of your bruises that you point them out to absolutely anyone that will listen.
- Your husband wants you to get a t-shirt saying ‘I’m not a battered wife – I’m a pole dancer’ so people don’t give him dirty looks when you’re out together.
- You jump at the chance to visit a strip club, even though the burning desire to get on the pole is practically torture!
- Your ultimate fantasy is to own and teach at your own pole studio.
- Your most important tool kit is the one containing 1 large spanner, an allan key and two tightening rods.
- You regularly research which local bars have poles, and call up to clarify whether you can use them.
- Your wardrobe is slowly filling up with 6 inch platform heels, bikini sets and knee high PVC boots. You seriously consider buying more storage furniture just for pole accessories.
- Your living room furniture spends most of its time pushed up against the walls. Your pole is way more important!
- You think any clean, spacious room with high ceilings is wasted without a pole.
- You now answer “How are you?” with details of your latest and greatest pole achievement.
- Every secret santa present you get from work is a pole-related gimmick; pole dancer alarm clock, keyring, bumper sticker, even a usb pole dancer that dances to the speed of your typing…
- You constantly challenge your male friends to an arm wrestle, in an attempt to prove how good a workout pole dancing is.
- You trip over yourself on daily basis, but are as graceful as a swan when there’s a vertical bar involved.
- You are delighted when someone notices your calloused hands, and you consider any comment on your tough skin to wonderful compliment.
- If it comes to it, yes, you are totally prepared to forfeit your bond/security deposit on your apartment, in the name of Pole.
- You miss your pole so much when you’re out of town that you actually take it with you next time you go on holiday.
- You forget that the average person doesn’t absolutely love pole dancing too.
- You take much better care of your body that you ever did before, now that injury or illness mean time away from the pole!
- You joined a gym or signed up for personal training, purely to improve your pole skills.
- You wish it was socially acceptable to wear those see-through, fuck-me stripper heels with diamond studs and beaded heel in public.
- You travel with a full supply of grip aid in your glove compartment because you never know when an irresitable pole opportunity will emerge. Constant vigilance!
- You have more pole related playlists than all your other playlists combined.
- Thanks to your incessant proclamations of the infinite wonders of pole dancing, your beauty therapist, boss, GP and landlord all want to start classes.
- You measure the success of a night out by how much street pole was involved.
- Your significant other, flatmate or family members no longer finds it odd to hold conversations with you when you are handing upside down by the crook of your knee.
- You’ve made footprints on the ceiling