A couple months ago I finally packed a pole bag (FINALLY!) Throwing things in my purse wasn’t working anymore as I built my collection of pole goodies.
My pole bag is my old laptop bag, LOL. You can get them at Target, marshalls, Ross, Kohl’s, pretty much anywhere. I love it because it has a neat center compartment that will fit my giant size 11 heels. It also has a spot for my wallet and little goodies. Here’s a quick list of the basics every Pole-licious hottie should have in her pole bag.
1. Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is number 2 behind stretching.
2. Wrist brace, sock, pantyhose, etc. – POLE BURN SUCKS!!! Pack a little wrist brace (can get at your local 99 cent store), or cut the toe out of an ankle sock or even a length of pantyhose. It will make all the different in the world.
3. Grip Aid – I am one of those people that can’t live withour grip aids. I need them! I carry an eco-ball. Available in class for $5, or you can order them on www.rei.com . iTac is another that I love. (Post about grip aids coming soon!)
4. Socks – For those crazy floor pikes!!! Ouch!!!!
5. Legwarmers – A necessity in the wintertime. Studios are a bit chilly this time of year and these guys really do help keep your legs warm. Before I got an actual pair, I went to Target and purchased knee socks for $5 and cut the toes out. Pull them down over your feet and you can use them for splits practice and ^^crazy pikes :).
6. Stripper Shoes – These aren’t a must for everyone but, if you plan on dancing in them, bring them to class and practice!
7. Blindfold – Dancing blindfolded is one of the most freeing experiences I have had since starting Pole-licious. It seems scary at first but helps you grow. If you don’t already have a blindfold, you can find them at Target in the dollar section.
8. Spare Booty Shorts – Just a good idea
9. Hair Ties, Headbands, etc. – I love to wear my hair down but for strength and pole classes, you are going to want to pile it up.
10. Snacks – Maybe this isn’t for everyone but I leave pole STARVING. Just in case, pack a granola bar or a banana before you leave the house.
Hope you ladies find this helpful, what do you have in your pole bag?
See you ’round the poles!!